Switching from Windows to Linux
On Tuesday 14 January 2020 Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7. This means that security patches and other software updates will no longer be released for that version after that date. A computer running Windows will continue to work, but updates will no longer be possible. Microsoft is trying to get its users to switch to Windows 10 for a fee. And at the same time it advises to buy a new more powerful computer for Windows 10.
Do you want to continue computing safely after 14 January? Don't want to buy a new computer but want to extend the life of your current one? Have you ever thought about switching to a safe alternative? An alternative without privacy problems?
Peter explains the best way to switch from Windows 7 to Linux:
- What is Linux?
- Which Linux distribution do you choose?
- What steps should you take to install Linux?
- What do you do with your current Windows software?
- What are the differences between Windows and Linux?
- What are the problems encountered by Linux users?
- What are the advantages of Linux?